Publications and Other Contributions
Journal – Editorial Boards
- Journal: PLoS One
Role: Academic Editor, HIV Section
- Journal: AIDS Research and Treatment
Role: Invited Lead Guest Editor, Special issue on point of care tests for HIV, related co-infections and blood borne infections
- Journal: Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Diseases
Role: Experts board member
- Journal: Science OPEN
Role: Editorial board member
- Journal: Annals of Medical and Health Sciences Research
Role: Editorial board member
- Journal: F1000 Research
Role: HIV AIDS Clinical Section reviewer
- Pai M, Pai NP, Bilal S, Ashok M, Radhika P. Cervical cancer screening: is it a priority among nurses. Natl Med J India. 2001;14(1):59-60. [Erratum in: Natl Med J India 2001;14(2):89. [impact factor: 0.595]
- Wade TJ, Pai NP, Eisenberg JN, Colford JM Jr. Do U.S. Environmental Protection Agency water quality guidelines for recreational waters prevent gastrointestinal illness? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Environ Health Perspect. 2003;111(8):1102-9. [impact factor: 7.26]
- Pai M, Flores LL, Pai NP, Hubbard A, Riley LW, Colford JM Jr. Diagnostic accuracy of nucleic acid amplification tests for tuberculous meningitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Infect Dis. 2003;3(10):633-43. [impact factor: 19.97]
- Pai M, McCulloch M, Gorman JD, Pai NP, Enanoria W, Kennedy G, Tharyan P, Colford JM Jr. Systematic reviews and meta-analyses: an illustrated, step-by-step guide. Natl Med J India. 2004;17(2):86-95. [impact factor: 0.595]
- Pai NP, Tulsky J, Lawrence J, Colford JM Jr, Reingold AL. Structured treatment interruptions (STI) in chronic suppressed HIV infection in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005;(4):CD005482. [DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006148] [impact factor: 6.186]
- Pai NP, Lawrence J, Reingold A. Tulsky JP. Structured treatment interruptions (STI) in chronic unsuppressed HIV infection in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006;3:CD006148. [DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006148] [impact factor: 6.186]
- Pai NP, Tulsky JP, Cohan D, Colford JM Jr, Reingold AL. Rapid point-of-care HIV testing in pregnant women: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Trop Med Int Health. 2007;12(2):162-73. [impact factor: 2.938]
- Pai NP, Joshi R, Dogra S, Taksande B, Kalantri SP, Pai M, Narang P, Tulsky JP, Reingold AL. Evaluation of diagnostic accuracy, feasibility and client preference for rapid oral fluid-based diagnosis of HIV infection in rural India. PLoS One. 2007;2(4):e367. [DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0000367] [impact factor: 3.730]
- Pai NP, Barick R, Tulsky JP, Shivkumar PV, Cohan D, Kalantri S, Pai M, Klein MB, Chhabra S. Impact of round-the-clock, rapid oral fluid HIV testing of women in labor in rural India. PLoS Med. 2008;5(5):e92. [DOI: 10.1371/journal.pmed.0050092] [impact factor: 15.253]
- Martínez-Cajas JL#, Pai NP#, Klein MB, Wainberg MA. Role of genetic diversity amongst HIV-1 non-B subtypes in drug resistance: a systematic review of virologic and biochemical evidence. AIDS Rev. 2008;10(4):212-23. [#contributed equally] [impact factor: 4.075]
- Fontela PS, Pai NP, Schiller I, Dendukuri N, Ramsay A, Pai M. Quality and Reporting of Diagnostic Accuracy Studies in TB, HIV and Malaria:Evaluation Using QUADAS and STARD Standards. PLoS One 2009 4(11): e7753. [DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0007753] [impact factor: 3.730]
- Moodie EE, Pai NP, Klein MB. Is antiretroviral therapy causing long-term liver damage? A comparative analysis of HIV-mono-infected and HIV/hepatitis C co-infected cohorts. PLoS One 2009; 4(2): e4517. [impact factor: 3.730]
- Martinez-Cajas JL#, Pai NP#, Klein MB, Wainberg MA. Differences in resistance mutations among HIV-1 non-subtype B infections: a systematic review of evidence (1996-2008). J Int AIDS Soc. 2009;12(1):11. [#contributed equally] [impact factor: 3.256]
- Moodie EM#, Pai NP#, Klein MB. Hepatitis C progression in cohort of HIV/Hep C co-infected patients: a comparison of generalized propensity scores and Marginal Structural Models. PLos One. March 1, 2009. [#contributed equally] [impact factor: 3.730]
- Pai NP, Estes Milton, Moodie EM, Reingold AL, Tulsky JP. Antiretroviral treatment and care of HIV positive San Francisco County jail inmates: results from a retrospective cohort study. PLoS One. 2009 Sep 22;4(9):e7115. [impact factor: 3.730]
- Pai NP, Joshi R, Moodie EE, Taksande B, Kalantri SP, Pai M, Tulsky JP, Reingold A. Profile of adults seeking voluntary HIV testing and counseling in rural Central India: results from a hospital-based study. AIDS Care. 2009;21(3):294-300. [impact factor: 1.834]
- Pai NP, Balram B*. Reporting of Patient Centered Outcomes with Oral HIV Tests: To Grade or not to Grade? Canadian Journal of Infectious Diseases & Medical Microbiology. 2010; 21(65B). [impact factor: 2.225]
- Desikan P, De S, Pai NP, Panwalkar N, Verma M, Jain A. A pilot cross sectional study to determine the utility of an oral HIV 1/ 2 point of care test on sputum for screening TB/HIV co-infection in Central India. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology. 2011; 29(2): 194-5. [impact factor: 0.988]
- Pai NP, Shivkumar S*, Martinez Cajas J. Does Genetic Diversity of HIV-1 non B subtypes differentially impact disease progression in Treatment Naïve HIV-1 infected individuals?: A Systematic review of Evidence: 1996-2010. JAIDS 2012; 59(4): 382-8. [DOI: 10.1097/QAI.0b013e31824a0628] [impact factor: 4.570]
- Boulassel MR, Chomont N, Pai NP, Gilmore N, Sekaly RP, Routy JP. CD4 T cell nadir independently predicts the magnitude of the HIV reservoir size after prolonged suppressive antiretroviral therapy. J Clin Virol 2012;53:29-32. [impact factor: 3.287]
- Srinivasa BT, Alizadehfar R, Desrosiers M, Shuster J, Pai NP, Tsoukas CM. Adult primary immune deficiency: what are we missing? American Journal of Medicine. 2012 Aug;125(8):779-86. [impact factor: 5.430]
- Pai NP, Balram B*, Shivkumar S*, Martinez-Cajas J, Claseens C, Lambert G, Peeling RW, Joseph L. Head-to-head comparison of accuracy of a rapid point-of-care HIV test with oral versus whole-blood specimens: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Infectious Diseases 2012 May; 12(5): 373-80. [DOI: 10.1016/S1473-3099(11)70368-1] [impact factor: 19.97]
- Pai NP, Kurji J*, Singam A, Barick R, Klein M, Chhabra S, Shivkumar PV. CIHR CTN I S 243 study: Simultaneous triple point-of-care testing for HIV, syphilis and hepatitis B virus to prevent mother-to-child transmission in India. International Journal of STD & AIDS 2012; 23(5): 319-24. [impact factor: 1.000]
- Yaphe S, Bozinoff N, Kyle R, Shivkumar S*, Pai NP, Klein M. Incidence of acute hepatitis C virus among men who have sex with men with and without HIV infection: a systematic review. Sexually Transmitted Infections. 2012, Nov; 88(7): 558-564. [impact factor: 2.611]
- Shivkumar S*, Peeling RW, Jafari Y*, Joseph L, Pai NP. Rapid Point-of-Care First-Line Screening Tests for Hepatitis B Infection: A Meta-Analysis of Diagnostic Accuracy (1980 – 2010). American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2012, September; 107(9): 1306-1313. [DOI: 10.1038/ajg.2012.141] [impact factor: 7.553]
- Pai NP, Vadnais C, Denkinger C, Engel N, Pai M. Point-of-Care Testing for Infectious Diseases: Diversity, Complexity, and Barriers in Low- And Middle-Income Countries. PLoS Medicine. 2012;9:e1001306. [DOI: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1001306] [impact factor: 15.253]
- Shivkumar S*, Peeling R, Jafari Y*, Joseph L, Pai NP. Accuracy of rapid and point-of-care screening tests for hepatitis C: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2012, October; 157(8): 558-566. [impact factor: 16.104]
- Jafari Y*, Peeling RW, Shivkumar S*, Claessens C, Joseph L, Pai NP. Are Treponema pallidum specific rapid and point-of-care tests for syphilis accurate enough for screening in resource limited settings? Evidence from a meta-analysis. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e54695. [impact factor: 3.730]
- Pai NP, Sharma J*, Shivkumar S*, Pillay S*, Vadnais C, Joseph L, Dheda K, Peeling RW. Supervised and unsupervised self-testing for HIV in high- and low-risk populations: a systematic review. PLoS Medicine. 2013 Apr;10(4):e1001414. [impact factor: 15.253]
- Denkinger CM, Grenier J, Stratis AK, Akkihal A, Pai NP, Pai M. Mobile health to improve tuberculosis care and control: a call worth making [Review article]. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 2013 Jun;17(6):719-27. [impact factor: 2.610]
- Pai NP, Behlim T*, Abrahams L, Vadnais C, Shivkumar S*, Binder A, Deli-Houssein R*, Engel N, Joseph L, Dheda K. Will an Unsupervised Self-Testing Strategy for HIV Work in Health Care Workers of South Africa? A Cross Sectional Pilot Feasibility Study. PLoS One. 2013;8(11): e79772. [DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0079772] [impact factor: 3.730]
- Desikan P, De S, Pai NP, Mishra PK, Kumar K, Panwalkar N, Verma M, Hasan ZU, Maudar KK. An HIV1/2 point of care test on sputum for screening TB/HIV co-infection in Central India – Will it work? Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2013 Mar;6(3):216-9. [impact factor: 0.502]
- Pai NP, Bhargava M*, Joseph L, Sharma J*, Pillay S*, Balram B*, Tellier P.P. Will an Unsupervised Self-Testing Strategy Be Feasible to Operationalize in Canada? Results from a Pilot Study in Students of a Large Canadian University. AIDS Research and Treatment Volume 2014, Article ID 747619. [DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/747619] [impact factor: NA]
- Jafari Y*, Johri M, Joseph L, Vadnais C, Pai NP. Poor Reporting of Outcomes Beyond Accuracy in Point-of-Care Tests for Syphilis: A Call for a Framework. AIDS Research and Treatment Volume 2014, Article ID 465932. [DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/465932] [impact factor: NA]
- Ndumbi P, Falutz J, Pai NP, Tsoukas CM. Delay in cART Initiation Results in Persistent Immune Dysregulation and Poor Recovery of T-Cell Phenotype Despite a Decade of Successful HIV Suppression. PLoS One 2014;9(4):e94018. [DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0094018] [impact factor: 3.730]
- Bhargava M*, Martinez-Cajas JL, Wainberg MA, Klein MB, Pai NP. Do HIV-1 non-B subtypes differentially impact resistance mutations and clinical disease progression in treated populations? Evidence from a systematic review. J. Int. AIDS Soc 2014; Jul 4;17:18944. [DOI: 10.7448/IAS.17.1.18944] [impact factor: 3.256]
- Wilkinson S*, Chiavegatti T*, Nauche B, Joseph L, Pai NP. Head to head comparisons in performance of CD4 point-of-care CD4 assays: A Bayesian meta-analysis (2000-2013). Science Open, 11 July 2014. [DOI: 10.14293/S2199-1006.1.SOR-MED.A4QF5Y.v1 ] [impact factor: NA]
- Pai NP, Dhurat R, Potter M, Behlim T*, Landry G, Vadnais C, Rodrigues C, Joseph L, Shetty A. Will a quadruple multiplexed point-of-care screening strategy for HIV related co-infections be feasible and impact detection of new co-infections in at risk populations? Results from cross-sectional studies. BMJ Open 2014;4(12):e005040 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-005040. [impact factor: 1.58] 2014
- Engel N, Davids M, Blankvoort, Pai NP, Dheda K, Pai M. Compounding diagnostic delays: a qualitative study of point-of-care testing in South Africa. Trop Med Int Health 2015;20(4):493–500. [impact factor: 2.938] 2015
- Pérez Osorio MC, Sylvestre MP, Pai NP, Pahwa S, Kumar Sharma J, Johri M, Arsenault C. Strategies to increase the demand for childhood vaccination in developing countries: systematic review update and meta-analysis. ( Bulletin of WHO) 2015 impact factor: 5] 2015
- Engel N, Ganesh G, Patil M, Yellappa V, Pai NP, Vadnais C, Pai M. Barriers to point-of-care testing in India: Results from qualitative research across different settings, users and major diseases. PLoS One 2015; 10(8): e0135112. [impact factor: 15.253]
- Pai NP, Wilkinson S*, Deli-Houssein R*, Behlim T*, Vijh R*, Engel N, Wong T. Barriers faced in the global implementation of rapid and point-of-care tests for HIV infection: a systematic review (1996-2014) Point of care August 2015.
- Malika Davids1*, Keertan Dheda1, Nitika Pant Pai2, Dolphina cogill1, Madhukar Pai3 and Nora Engel4A survey on use of rapid tests and tuberculosis diagnostic practices by primary health care providers in South Africa: implications for the development of new point-of-care tests (accepted Plos One 2015)
- Engel N, Ganesh G, Patil, M, Yellappa V, Vadnais C, Pai NP, Pai M. Point-of-care testing in India: missed opportunities to realize the true potential of POC testing programs. [BMC Health Services Research] [impact factor: 1.660] 2015.
- Smallwood M*, Vijh R*, Joseph L, Pai NP. Acute HIV assays for HIV infection? [Plos One Accepted Jan 2016)
Invited Editorials and Narrative Reviews
- Pai NP, Klein MB. Structured treatment interruptions in chronic HIV management: where next? Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2006;4(6):909-12.
- Pai NP. Oral fluid-based rapid HIV testing: issues, challenges and research directions. Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2007;7(4):325-8.
- Pai NP. Rapid oral fluid-based point-of-care HIV testing: applicability in developing countries. Indian J Med Res. 2007;126(3):171-3
- Pai NP, Klein MB. Are we ready for home-based, self-testing for HIV? Futur HIV Ther. November 2008, Vol. 2, No. 6, Pages 515-520. [http://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/full/10.2217/17469600.2.6.515]
- Pai NP, Klein MB. Rapid testing at labor and delivery to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission in developing settings: issues and challenges. Womens Health (Lond Engl). 2009; 5(1):55-62. [DOI 10.2217/17455057.5.1.55]
- Pai NP, Pai M. Point-of-care diagnostics for HIV and tuberculosis: landscape, pipeline, and unmet needs. Discovery Medicine. 2012;13(68).
- Pai NP, Dheda K. HIV self-testing strategy: the middle road. Expert Rev. Mol. Diagn. 13(7), 639–642 (2013).
- Pai NP, Sollis K, Peeling R. Rapid hepatitis C tests: better than the gold standard? Expert Rev. Mol. Diagn. 13(3), 221–223 (2013).
- Pai NP, Behlim T. Point-of-care technologies and their global health applications. Curr Pharmacogenomics Person Med. 2013; 11,181-186.
- Pai NP, Peeling RW, Smith BD, Dowdy D. Point-of-Care Tests for HIV, Related Coinfections, and Blood-Borne Infections. AIDS Research and Treatment Volume 2014, Article ID 625082. [DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/625082].
- Pai NP. Perspective on HIV Self-testing in North America: A Tale of Two Countries – US and Canada. Retrovirology: Research and Treatment 2014:6 7-15. [DOI: 10.4137/RRT.S12953.
- Engel N, Pai NP. Qualitative research on point-of-care testing strategies and programs for HIV. Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2015 Jan;15(1):71-5.
- Pai NP, Daher J*. Multiplexed testing for HIV and related bacterial and viral co-infections at the point-of-care: quo vadis? Multiplexed testing for HIV and co-infections at point of care: quo vadis? Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2015 Apr;15(4):463-9.
- Pai M, Ghiasi M, Pai NP. Point-of-care diagnostic testing in global health: what is the point? Microbe 2015;10(3):103-107.
- Pai NP. Multiplexed point-of-care assays for HIV and co-infections for resource constrained settings: a perspective. Future Microbiol. 2015 Sep 7. [Epub ahead of print] [impact factor: 4.275]
Technical reports and government reports
- National Canadian Government Report: Best Brains Exchange Meeting Report – Strategic Approaches to Integrate Point-of-Care Testing (POCT) for Sexually Transmitted and Blood Borne Infections (STBBI) into Public Health Practice. Canadian Institute for Health Research (CIHR) Research and Knowledge Translation Branch in collaboration with Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and Health Canada (HC). [released May 30th 2014)
- ASLM’s meeting report: Improving access and quality of HIV testing in Sub Saharan Africa. CHAI, CDC, UNAIDS, PEPFAR. ASLM Tanzania, June 23-25, 2014.
- Pai NP, Grignon M, Bornstein S, Navarro P, Mackey S. Provincial Canadian Institutional Research Report: Point of Care Testing [Troponin] in Emergency Departments of Smaller Hospitals and Health Centres in Newfoundland and Labrador – A Contextualized Health Research Synthesis. Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Applied Health Research. [Dec 2014]
- International Recommendations for Sub Saharan Africa: CDC report on Quality of POCT for Sub Saharan Africa; Guidance for improving the quality of HIV related point of care testing: ensuring reliability and accuracy of Test results. ASLM, CHAI, UNAIDS. [Dec 2014]
- WHO recommendations on HIV testing (External reviewer) Chapter on self- testing, quality and point of care testing. Released at the IAS, Vancouver 2015.
- Hepatitis and Point of Care
Point of care diagnostics in Global Health
Editor: Mark Sheppard
Authors Nitika Pant Pai, Paul Lam, Robert Gao
Other publications (not peer-reviewed)
- Walsh D, Pai NP. A Personal Weapon in the Fight against HIV. The Solutions Journal 2013;4(6):30-32.
- Pai NP, Wilkinson S*, Chiavegatti T*, Joseph L. Evaluation of diagnostics and overall performance of point-of-care CD4 and viral load assays for monitoring HIV infected individuals being treated with antiretroviral therapy (ART). Prospero protocol 2013 #CRD42013003666. [www.crd.york.ac.uk/PROSPERO/display_record.asp?ID=CRD42013003666]
- Deli-Houssein R*, Behlim T*, Wilkinson S*, Lamont E, Vadnais C, Pai NP. Challenges and barriers in the widespread implementation of HIV rapid and point-of-care tests: a systematic review. Prospero protocol 2013 #CRD42013002788. [www.crd.york.ac.uk/PROSPERO/display_record.asp?ID=CRD42013002788]
- Pérez Osorio MC, Sylvestre MP, Pai NP, Pahwa S, Kumar Sharma J, Johri M, Arsenault C. Strategies to increase the demand for childhood vaccination in developing countries: systematic review update and meta-analysis. Prospero protocol #CRD42013005783. [www.crd.york.ac.uk/PROSPERO/display_record.asp?ID=CRD42013005783]
Interviews and Media Relations – Broadcast
- “Teaching and educating clinicians and health professionals on Point‐of‐Care testing” on ViroXchange (interview done by Professor Rosanna Peeling). May 31st, 2012.
- “Epidemiologist Nitika Pai on a take-home HIV test” on CTV News (interviewer: Paul Karwatsky). CTV Montreal. July 6th, 2012.
- “Self-testing for HIV could help slow spread of AIDS: study” on CTV News: myHealth. CTV Montreal. April 3rd, 2013.
- “HIVSmart: The HIV self-screening smartphone app” on Evening News Montreal (interview done by Roni Deli-Houssein, research assistant). Global Television, Montreal. globalnews.ca/video/916342/evening-news-oct-21. October 21st, 2013.
- “Interview discussing the HIVSmart self-screening mobile phone app” on Quebec AM (host: Susan Campbell). CBC Radio, Quebec City. October 23rd, 2013.
- “Interview discussing the HIVSmart self-screening mobile phone app” on Passion (host: Dr. Laurie Betito). CJAD 800AM. October 23rd, 2013.
- “Interview discussing the HIVSmart self-screening mobile phone app” on The Aaron Rand Show (host: Aaron Rand). CJAD 800AM. October 25th, 2013.
- “Canadian HIV screening tool wins award” on Environment and Health (host: Lynn Desjardins). Radio-Canada International. www.rcinet.ca/en/2013/10/27/canadian-hiv-screening-tool-wins-award/. October 27th, 2013.
- “New app for HIV diagnosis : Dr. Nitika Pant Pai of the MUHC is working on a self-diagnosis kit for HIV” on CTV News Montreal (interviewer: Mutstumi Takahashi). CTV Montreal. montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1552282. November 20th, 2013.
- “Healthcare Innovations” on Health on Earth (host: Lorraine Wong). CKUT 90.3FM. www.healthonearth.net/2013/12/healthcare-innovations.html. December 10th, 2013.
Interviews and Media Relations – Text
- “Oral HIV test almost as accurate as blood test” in CNET News. January 24th, 2012.
- “Saliva HIV test passes the grade” in Armenian Medical Network. January 24th, 2012.
- “Saliva HIV test passes the grade” in McGill Faculty of Medicine (electronic newsletter). January 24th, 2012.
- “Saliva Legit for HIV Testing” in The Scientist. January 25th, 2012.
- “Saliva HIV test passes the grade” in MUHC/CUSM newsroom. January 25th, 2012.
- “Une étude du CUSM prouve l’efficacité du test salivaire de dépistage du VIH” in Radio-Canada. January 25th, 2012.
- “HIV gum test ‘just as effective as traditional blood screening’” in Daily Mail. January 25th, 2012.
- “Saliva HIV test as accurate as blood test” in The Times of India. January 25th, 2012.
- “Le test salivaire passé… le test” in Journal Métro. January 25th, 2012.
- “Saliva test detects HIV as accurately as blood screening, Canadian study finds” in Fox News. January 25th, 2012.
- “Un test oral fiable pour détecter le VIH” in Le Devoir. January 26th, 2012.
- “Gum test as effective as blood test in detecting HIV: Study” in Deccan Herald. January 26th, 2012.
- “Saliva HIV test as good as blood test: Study” in Toronto Sun. January 26th, 2012.
- “HIV saliva test as effective as blood test, study finds” in The Star. January 27th, 2012.
- “Saliva HIV Test as Effective As Blood Test: Study” in Huffington Post. January 30th, 2012.
- “HIV saliva test proves to be effective: McGill University researchers’ India field study results could be applied in Canada” in Canada.com. February 14th, 2012.
- “Know HIV, no HIV” in The McGill Tribune. February 29th, 2012.
- “FDA Approves Backs At-Home HIV Test” in Yahoo! Health. May 16th, 2012.
- “An over-the-counter option offers privacy” in The Hindu. June 11th, 2012.
- “FDA approves first at-home HIV Test” in Healthday. July 3rd, 2012.
- “Health Canada mum on future availability of in-home oral HIV test” in The Star. July 4th, 2012.
- “Bring HIV home test to Canada: experts” in The Montreal Gazette. July 5th, 2012.
- “Dr. Madhukar Pai and Dr. Nitika Pai co-laureates of the 2012 Chanchlani Global Health Research Award” in Med e-News. October 1st, 2012.
- “New rapid and point of care Hepatitis C tests could be global game changers” in Science Daily. October 15th, 2012.
- “New rapid and point of care Hepatitis C tests could be global game changers” in MUHC Newsroom. October 15th, 2012.
- “Canada new rapid and point of care hepatitis C tests could be global game changers” in The Body Pro. October 17th, 2012.
- “HIV home tests: an interview with Dr Nitika Pant Pai, McGill University” in News Medical. www.news-medical.net/news/20130321/HIV-home-tests-an-interview-with-Dr-Nitika-Pant-Pai-McGill-University.aspx. March 21st, 2013.
- “Could Self-Testing Help Overcome HIV/AIDS Epidemic?” in US News: Health. April 2nd, 2013.
- “New Science Makes Home HIV Testing Easier” in ABC News Radio. April 2nd, 2013.
- “Home tests could be the key to reducing HIV spread, claim experts” in Daily Mail. April 2nd, 2013.
- “L’autodépistage du VIH, la clé pour maîtriser la pandémie” in Radio-Canada. April 2nd, 2013.
- “Could Self-Testing Help Overcome HIV/AIDS Epidemic?” in Winnipeg Free Press. April 2nd, 2013.
- “HIV Self-Testing: The Key to Controlling the Global Epidemic” in Science Daily. April 2nd, 2013.
- “HIV self-testing: The key to controlling the global epidemic” in el Science News. April 2nd, 2013.
- “Could Self-Testing Help Overcome HIV/AIDS Epidemic?” in Health Magazine. April 2nd, 2013.
- “Teste caseiro é opção precisa e viável para detectar HIV” in Veja (Brazil). April 3rd, 2013.
- “Oral Self-Testing for HIV Could Prevent Spread of AIDS Epidemic” in Science World Report. April 3rd, 2013.
- “Home tests could be key to curb HIV spread” in The Economic Times. April 3rd, 2013.
- “Teste caseiro para detectar HIV pode ajudar a combater epidemia” in Estado (Brazil). April 3rd, 2013.
- “Studies indicate potential for HIV self-testing to raise numbers knowing status” in Science Speaks (blog). April 3rd, 2013.
- “Self-Testing For HIV ‘Could Be Answer to Controlling Epidemic.’” in International Business Times. April 3rd, 2013.
- “HIV self-testing could stem spread of virus” in The Scotsman. April 3rd, 2013.
- “Self-Testing Might Help Curb Spread of HIV” in Voice of America. April 3rd, 2013.
- “Dr. Nitika Pai awarded 2013 Maude Abbott Prize” in Med e-News. April 9th, 2013.
- “Oral HIV test as accurate with a blood test to detect HIV” in GoesHealth.com. April 24th, 2013.
- “PLOS Announces Finalists For The Accelerating Science Award Program” in PLoS Journals: Newsroom. www.plos.org/plos-announces-finalists-for-the-accelerating-scienceaward-program-2/. October 1st, 2013.
- “Announcing the recipients for the Accelerating Science Award Program” in Phy.Org: Science News Wire. phys.org/wire-news/143829594/announcing-the-recipients-for-theaccelerating-science-award-pro.html. October 21st, 2013.
- “ASAP Awards – Interview with Nitika Pant Pai” in PLoS Journals: The Official PLoS Blog. blogs.plos.org/mindthebrain/2013/10/21/asap-awards-interview-with-nitika-pant-pai/. October 21st, 2013.
- “SPARC announces award recipients for Accelerating Science Award Program” in News Medical. www.news-medical.net/news/20131022/SPARC-announces-awardrecipients- for-Accelerating-Science-Award-Program.aspx. October 22nd, 2013.
- “Une équipe de recherche de McGill/CUSM remporte un prix d’innovation mondial pour la stratégie d’autodépistage et l’application HIVSmart” in AMEQ. www.ameqenligne.com/detail_news.php?ID=456145&titre=Une+%C3%A9quipe+de+recherche+de+McGill%2FCUS. October 22nd, 2013.
- “Open Access Award recipients announced” in Wellcome Trust UK. www.wellcome.ac.uk/News/2013/WTP054288.htm. October 22nd, 2013.
- “McGill research team awarded home test (an interview discussing the HIVSmartself-screening mobile phone app)” in Montreal Gazette Health News. April 25th, 2013.
- “HIV self-test screening strategy: an interview with Dr. Nitika Pant Pai, McGill University (by April Cashin-Garbutt)” in News Medical: feature on Thought Leaders. www.news-medical.net/news/20131217/HIV-self-testscreening- strategy-an-interview-with-Dr-Nitika-Pant-Pai-McGill-University.aspx. December 17th, 2013.
- “The Big Benefits of Doing HIV Tests Yourself, at Home” in Nautilus Blog: Facts So Romantic On Biology. nautil.us/blog/the-big-benefits-of-doing-hiv-tests-yourself-at-home. December 24th, 2013.
- “Views from the front lines: Home-based HIV testing” in CATIE: Prevention in Focus. www.catie.ca/en/pif/spring-2014/views-front-lines-home-based-hiv-testing. January 30th, 2014.
- National Collaborating Center for Infectious Diseases: Videos on Point of care testing at CATIE forum 2015